In Akram Vignan, Self Realization not only helps one progress spiritually, but also helps one carry out worldly interactions with ease. Let us have a look at other benefits of Self Realization so we can understand the importance of Self Realization as well as the importance of Enlightenment.
1. You experience endless bliss within; you will not experience any suffering. The bliss (anand) that You experience after Self Realization is the bliss of a state that is free of agitation-disturbance (nirakud anand).
2. You can solve all the day-to-day problems with equanimity.
3. You will not be affected by any worries or miseries.
4. Neither the intent to hurt nor the lingering of annoyance will be present in the anger after Self Realization (Gnan).
5. Fearlessness and independence arise in those who have attained the Self.
6. After Self Realization (Gnan) one becomes impartial. One is not partial to the mind, body and speech and that is why they can see their own mistakes.
7. After attaining Self Realization you obtain right vision through which you see the world as flawless.
8. This knowledge is exclusive and extraordinary. Just as the curd and the whey remain separate after the yogurt has been churned, so do the body and the Self, after Self Realization (Gnan). The belief of ‘I am the Pure Soul’ will prevail in every circumstance.
9. Even if someone hurts you, the feeling of taking revenge does not remain after Self Realization (Gnan).
10. True pratikraman (asking for forgiveness) begins after Self Realization. Once the enlightened vision (samkit) is attained, the right vision (drashti), the vision as the Self (Atmadrashti) arises; only then will you be able to do real pratikraman. Until then, one can still decrease his faults with pratikraman.
11. No new karmas will be bound.
12. Indifference towards worldly pain (dukh) is the first experience of liberation. You experience it from the day after you attain Self Realization from a Self-Realized one (Gnani Purush). The second experience is when the burden of this body, of karma, breaks away. Then there is so much bliss (anand) that it is indescribable.
13. After Self Realization, you will experience that you are doing something different with your life than you did before Self Realization. From this experience, you will be able to judge whether you have achieved the first stage of moksha or not. You can know this because you are a Soul and the Soul is the greatest judge in this universe. As an awakened Soul is impartial whatever judgement it gives, will be correct.
Let me give you an example. If you enter someone’s home without his permission, would you not be uneasy and nervous? You would be. You would be afraid that someone would get upset with you and throw you out. But if you are in your own home, would you have any worries or tension? You would feel very comfortable and at peace in your own home. Similarly ‘John’ is not ‘Your’ home. You are the knower and seer but instead with your wrong belief of ‘I am John’, you have become what you are not. You have become the owner of something that is not yours and you have been deriving pleasure and pain from it. That is why you are constantly experiencing worries, affliction and agitation.
Q. What should be my goals in life?
A. Everything we do has a purpose behind it and we complete those tasks to meet our purpose. This... Read More
Q. What is Moksha (Liberation)? Can I know more about it?
A. Do you like happiness or unhappiness? Happiness, right? Have you ever noticed that if you... Read More
Q. Do you ever have suspicions about your True Self? Discover Your True Self!
A. No one really has any suspicions or doubts regarding the issue of, ‘Who am I?’ However, that... Read More
A. From time immemorial, we have believed ourselves to be the body that we have been given. Because of... Read More
Q. What is the Scientific Understanding of 'Who am I?' Know Yourself
A. We say, ‘I am John.’ We also say, ‘My name is John.’ So indirectly, we say that we are this... Read More
Q. Do you want to know about Self Realization ?
A. Self Realization is when you realize the answer to the question, ‘Who am I.’ It is when you realize... Read More
Q. Is Spiritual Enlightenment possible for those living a Married Life?
A. You might have heard that in order to fulfil their deep desire of attaining liberation, people... Read More
Q. What do you experience after a Spiritual Awakening?
A. An image of a lit candle cannot remove the darkness within a room, but a lit candle can. Similarly,... Read More
Q. What are the milestones on the spiritual journey towards the Omniscience (Keval Gnan) state?
A. The darkness prevails because of the layers of ignorance over the True Self. For an instance, if... Read More