Questioner: Can you explain the difference between infatuation and attraction and love?
Dadashri: Infatuation and attraction is the opposite of love. The love that this world talks about is worldly love, and that is why this world is so complex itself. This worldly love is infatuation and attraction.
The world is immersed in infatuation, attraction and desire, but the One who resides within, the Self is without all these. Where there is infatuation and attraction, there is desire. Desire is always associated with infatuation and attraction. People claim to be free from desire. Even in their devotion to the Lord, they claim that they have no desire. But in reality one can never be free from desire as long as there is infatuation and attraction.
There is infatuation and attraction in everything. It clings even to material things. If one sees a beautiful tea set, they will get pulled towards it, even if there is no life in it! I once visited a carpenter who would not be satisfied until he had inspected a piece of wood five times over! The piece of wood was round and smooth as satin! He had to feel its smoothness over and over again! What an infatuation and attraction over a piece of wood! So infatuation and attraction is not limited to women only. Wherever there is worldly love that clings, it is simply infatuation and attraction.
1) What people call love in this world, is the language of illusion and deception. The warmth of real love is very different. Love is something very divine.
2) Attachment is relative and changing and love is real and unchanging. Love does not increase or decrease. If it increases or decreases, it is attachment. When relative love becomes excessive, it is called attachment, and one becomes trapped in it. When attachment decreases it turns into abhorrence. That which is attraction and repulsion is not love. What people call love, the Lord calls attraction.
3) Life of false attachment is useless. It is equivalent to being blind. It is like a blind man who wanders around like the moth and gets consumed in the process. Love on the other hand is constant and it gives lifelong happiness. It does not seek instant gratification.
4) Infatuation and attraction cannot be removed even if you want to. Just as you cannot remove the force of magnetism between a magnet and a pin, the infatuation and attraction in humans does not go. Its power and its force can be decreased, but it cannot be eliminated. Infatuation and attraction only go away when one becomes the Self, the one who is never attracted.
5) If one wants to acquire the supreme love, a love that this world has not seen, heard, believed or experienced before, then one should worship the living embodiment of love, the Gnani Purush.
To get understanding of pure love, watch the video of Pujya Niruma.
Book Name: Pure Love (Page #38, Paragraph #1)
A. Dadashri: What is the definition of love? Questioner: I do not know, Dada. Please explain it to... Read More
A. What can this be compared to? It is like the attraction between a magnet and a pin. If you move a... Read More
A. Questioner: It is said that real love arises from the heart. Emotions also arise from the heart, do... Read More
A. If one wants to acquire the supreme love, a love that this world has not seen, heard, believed or... Read More
A. Where there is no love, there is no path to liberation. Even when one does not know the right... Read More
A. If one understands the world exactly as it is, and then experiences it from that perspective, then... Read More
A. Pure love will increase in proportion to the decrease in differences experienced. What do we need... Read More
A. This love is Godly love! It is not found everywhere! It is very rare. The Gnani has equal love... Read More
A. Questioner: After the Gnan we experience the flow of love, nothing but love. What is... Read More
A. Questioner: Please explain the difference between true love and love associated with... Read More