This is why I tell you what is for your absolute good. Do not resort to deceit. Deal honestly. Be honest with your customers and tell them that in your business, your profit margin is fifteen percent. They can buy from you if they want to. What has the Lord said? If you are destined to receive three hundred dollars, you will get that amount whether you steal, use deceit or deal honestly. You will not receive a penny more or less. So then why are you being foolish and taking on the liability of stealing and deceit? Try to do your business honestly and legally for a few days and see what happens. At first you will experience some difficulty for about six months to a year but it will then run very smoothly. Even your clients will realize that your business is honest and unadulterated. They will come to you without you having to advertise. The vyavasthit that brings customers to your shop is vyavasthit but the foolish ones sit in their shops worrying and waiting for the customers to show. They spoil their dhyan and enter into adverse meditation.
If you decide that you want to conduct an honest business, then it will happen for you. The Lord has said that there is grave liability in adulterating food and gold.
The times are such that you have to live amidst deceitful people. But still your intent and awareness should always be on how to escape from all deceit. With this intent, you will be able to escape from the greatest liability. If such intent exists then with repentance you will encounter circumstances where you will not have to be deceitful and your business will run well. On the contrary people will commend your business.
If you want to attain liberation you must follow the words of a Gnani and if you do not want liberation then follow the times but in your mind you must feel that you do not want a deceitful business. You will then find such a business. Your business practices should be such that even when a child comes to you, his parents will not have any fear of their child being cheated.
1) Earning money is never from the use of the intellect nor is it the fruits of hard labour. It is the reward of one's merit karmas from one's past life.
2) Money does not come, because of stealing. Where there is no stealing through the mind, speech or body, money is abundant. Stealing is an obstacle to wealth. Deception and money are enemies.
3) What is the nature of money? It is unsteady and transitory. Make good use of it so that you do not misuse it. Do not keep it stagnant, because by nature there are many different types of money. One is flowing! Liquid cash is all movable wealth. The immovable wealth is things like homes, property etc. Of the two, the immovable wealth will last longer while the liquid wealth will disappear! So what is the nature of cash? It does not last more than ten years. The nature of gold is that it will last fourty to fifty years and the immovable wealth, real estate, will last up to a hundred years. Therefore the fixed period is different for each, but ultimately all of it will go. The Vaniks, the business class in India used to invest twenty five percent of their wealth in their business; twenty five percent for interest; twenty five percent in gold and twenty five percent in real estate. This is how they organized their wealth.
1) "When you are giving away something of yours, at the time observe the joy you feel within"
2) Every person should assess their needs based on what luxury he had at the time of his birth. That is the exact principle for happiness. Eveyrthing else fall in the category of excessiveness. Anything in excess is poisonous and invites misery.
3) There is no need for you to keep an inner intent (bhavna) to earn money. Let your efforts continue, however, What happens when you have inner intents? If I grab the money for myself, there will be none left for the other person. Let whatever quotas have been assigned to people naturally, be. So then what is the use in keeping in inner intent? That is what I am trying to say. Doing this will prevent many people binding demerit karma. That is what I am saying.
4) There is tremendous essence in this single sentence, but only if you understand it. It is not mandatory that people take this Gnan of mine. If a person has not taken this Gnan but understands that everything is precisely allocated and nothing occurs outside of one's account, it is enough.
5) It is like this. Be completely ethical if you are able to be so. If not, then at least make a decision to be ethical at least three times a day. The fourth time you may let go and be unethical. It is still ethical to be unethical as long as you set a limit. Maintain honesty in your dishonesty. As a representative of the Vitraag Lords, I am telling you that as long as you keep your dishonesty in control, in the bounds of disciplined limits, you are ethical. This discipline will take you to moksha.
Book name: Aptavani 1 (Page #109 Paragraph #3, #4 and Page #110 Paragraph #1,#2).
A. Questioner: How much should we expand our business? Dadashri: You can expand your business to... Read More
A. Questioner: If someone owes us money and does not pay it back when he is supposed to, do we accept... Read More
A. Why is there a shortage of wealth? It is because of the practice of stealing. Goddess of wealth... Read More
A. Questioner: I have incurred a tremendous loss in my business. What should I do? Should I close the... Read More
A. Questioner: What happens if a person dies leaving behind a debt? Dadashri: A person may die... Read More
A. Questioner: What should we do when times are tough and there is no money coming in? Dadashri: When... Read More
A. In Bombay, I asked the lady of a very reputable family if she had quarrels in her home. She... Read More
A. Questioner: What should one do to make progress towards the Soul? Dadashri: One should maintain... Read More
A. Greed is to become perpetually engrossed in anything that becomes dear to you. Greed is the reason... Read More