If you want to stop anything from happening i.e an effect, you have to find the cause. Once you put an end to the causes then the effects will automatically stop. Therefore, to stop sexual attraction it is important to know how it arises in the first place.
Thoughts arise in the mind and the mind is made of tubers (karmic). The bigger the tuber, the greater the number of thoughts one will have. It is a fact that there is a tuber of sex; just as a pin gets attracted by a magnet, similarly attraction arises here too.
When the tuber of sexuality sprouts, the result is a sexual impulse. Generally, the impulse is so strong that one becomes engrossed in it i.e. he becomes one with it. If no sexual attraction occurs in this life and when you see a young girl and you feel, ‘This girl is so beautiful, she is so good looking,’ you instantly sow a seed for your next life. With this, sexual attraction will occur in your next life.
Once the tuber of sex is dissolved then there will be no attraction in the worldly interactions. The relationship between a ‘needle’ and a ‘magnet’ would cease. That relationship only exists because of the sexual tubers that have been carried over from the past life.
Dadashri: People are all involved in the filth of sex. One does not like presence of light during sexual activity. They get alarmed when the light comes on. Therefore, they keep lights off. If the light falls on the spot of the sexual activity then one would not like that 'place of enjoyment', the organ of sexual interaction. That is why, what has Krupaludev called the 'place of enjoyment'?
Questioner: 'It is not even worth vomiting over'.
Questioner: Yet, what is the reason for being so attracted to that part of the woman's body?
Dadashri: This is due to our wrong belief. Why don't we get attracted to a cow's body part? It is only our belief. There is nothing except for our belief. Destroy that belief and there would not be anything.
Questioner: Do these beliefs arise due to circumstances coming together?
Dadashri: These beliefs arise by what others say to us. Then by supporting those statements, your beliefs become strong. After all, what is in there in it? Just pieces of flesh!
We tend to expect that we will become happy after experiencing sexuality, through either thoughts or actions. We become curious and try new ways to experience sexuality, but in the end, the satisfaction that we had expected, never comes. Therefore, we again look for different ways to get pleasure. This becomes like an addiction, which is never fulfilled and continues like a vicious cycle.
1) The attraction between a man and a woman is just like the attraction between a needle and a magnet.
2) Without celibacy / brahmacharya, the Self can never be attained.
3) Where do quarrels occur in this world? Only where there is infatuation and attraction. For how long the quarrels exist? As long as sexual interaction exists, quarrels exist.
4) If no sexual attraction occurs in this life, yet when you see a certain young man and you feel, 'This man is so handsome, he is so good looking'. Then you have instantly sown a seed for your next life. With this, sexual attraction will occur in your next life.
5) When an intense dislike for sex arises, only then would sex stops. Otherwise, how else can it be stopped?
6) Eradicate the sexual thought immediately. Do pratikraman for any attraction of a sexual nature. With these two weapons, celibacy / brahmacharya will remain forever.
7) In sexuality, the more a person enjoys it, the more he has a burning desire for it.